Disability Support Workers - Casual / Sunshine Coast
- Work based on the Sunshine Coast
- Positive working environment
- Flexible working hours
Are you passionate about improving the lives of others?
IFYS' Sunshine Coast Supports by Design Program are looking for passionate and dedicated people to join the team as casual Disability Support Workers.
Key responsibilities for the Disability Support Worker role:
- Provide direct support services in accordance with NDIS plans and individual care plans.
- Assist with skill development of independent living, recreation, learning, community access and participation.
- Work with consumers to maintain personal care, and medication administration.
- Advocate on behalf of the individuals and families to ensure services are relevant, flexible and accessible.
- Implementation of Positive Behaviour Support Plans.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Skills in computer operations and effective communication. Being trained in Auslan would be advantageous.
- Exhibit integrity, honesty and the ability to collaborate effectively
- Available to work on a rotating flexible roster, which may include a combination of shifts including days, afternoons, active nights, sleepovers and weekend shifts
- Shown experience in disability support, mental health, dual diagnosis, active support and behavioural support or a genuine interest to work towards qualifications in these areas.
- Current Australian Drivers Licence and willingness to use own vehicle (if required) with comprehensive insurance.
- Current First Aid Certificate (or willing to obtain).
- The ability to meet the physical requirements of the job that may include manual handling tasks.
Are you ready to join a passionate team dedicated to improving the lives of those they work with? For more information on our Disability services and Supports by Design (our NDIS registered service) please visit our website or