Therapeutic Case Workers
- Professional training and development
- Multiple casual roles available, with the opportunity to progress into permanent part time.
- Pay rate starting at $37.21 per hour
IFYS is currently searching for the candidates ready to fill the role of Therapeutic Case worker within a unique out of home care arrangement. This residential program will be supporting a young mother and her newborn in a 24/7 environment.
Key duties of this role include:
- Providing a safe and therapeutic environment
- Support the young person to attend all appointments and community engagement
- Provide hands on livings skills training such as cleaning, hygiene, cooking and care of a newborn
- Advocate on behalf of the young person to ensure that services accessed and provided are relevant, flexible and accessible
- Support complex behaviours in line with behaviour support plans
We are looking for candidates who have exceptional engagement skills, patience and resilience, with the added ability to assist in helping care for a newborn. This role involves shift work and supporting the young mother throughout the night to support her baby. We are looking for people who are able to be a stable and calm force in the whirlwind that is the first stages of learning how to care for a child.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Possess exceptional engagement skills, particularly with people displaying challenging or complex behaviours
- Have experience in Child Care, youth work or health care/ nursing. An understanding of post-natal care is highly desirable
- Have the ability to carry out shift work, including nights and weekends
- Hold a Cert IV or higher in a recognised field or be willing to enroll prior to commencing work (As per the new mandatory qualifications legislation for those working in residential care)
- Hold an open drivers license
Apply now with your resume and cover letter, explaining why you are the best candidate for the role