Disability Support Workers- Rockhampton
- Multiple positions available
- Attractive hourly rate starting from $26.76 (Part time) and $33.45 (Casual)
IFYS has been providing specialised support for consumers and their families for almost 40 years. We believe that our employees are one of our most important assets and so as part of our team, you will receive ongoing training, mentoring and support. With opportunities for further development and secondment opportunities.
Our Rockhampton Disability support program is looking for experienced, dedicated and passionate staff for the below roles:
-Casual Disability Support Workers, multiple roles across various rosters as needed.
-A fixed term, six month contract for a part time Disability Support Worker, to fill a roster of 41 hours each fortnight.
Key responsibilities for the Disability Support Worker role:
- Provide direct support services in accordance with individual support plan and NDIS Goals
- Assist in areas of; skill development, independent living, recreational, behavioural support, learning opportunities and community connection/participation.
- Work with consumers to maintain personal care, and medication administration
- Implementation of Positive Behaviour Support Plans, Restrictive Practice Matters and NDIS Quality and Safeguards.
Skills and experience required fro this role:
- Skills in computer programs such as; Microsoft Office Suite
- Effective communication.skills tailored to a variety of consumers and stakeholders.
- Exhibit integrity, honesty and the ability to collaborate effectively
- Have flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to work sleep over shifts where required
- Shown experience in disability support, mental health, dual diagnosis, active support and behavioural support or the willingness to work towards qualifications in these areas is also advantageous
Are you ready to join a passionate team dedicated to improving the lives of those they work with? For more information on our Disability services and Supports by Design (our NDIS registered service) please visit our website or http://www.supportsbydesign.com.au/