Therapeutic Youth Worker - Maroochydore
- Based in Maroochydore, supporting the Sunshine Coast region
- Flexible casual working hours
- Specialist training provided
- Starting from $38 p/h
Are you passionate about improving the lives of young people? Are you looking for a rewarding and flexible career with a leading organisation? Are you actively pursuing opportunities that create change, develop awareness and strengthen the human spirit, this may be the opportunity you have been seeking.
IFYS supports our most vulnerable children, families and young people within the community, and currently have vacancy for a Youth Worker to join our Foster and Kinship Care ‘Intensive Support' program.
This role will require youth workers to provide therapeutic care and support to young people, carers and children across our Intensive support program. It is varied and rewarding and requires a diversity of staff to fulfil these roles.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Plan and implement developmentally appropriate activities with young people prioritising their safety and individual needs
- Implement positive behavioural support plans to therapeutically care for young people with complex and challenging behaviour
- Utilise your trauma informed knowledge and experience to be a positive role model in influencing behavioural change
- Work with young people to maintain their hygiene and the day-to-day upkeep of the home.
- Provide day-to-day care needs for young people, including assistance with medication, transport and support with education, schooling, relationships
- The timely and accurate completion of administrative duties including, case notes, timesheets and incident reports in line with legislative and contract requirements
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- A passion for improving the lives of young people
- Patience and resilience to effectively support and assist young people to develop different coping skills to manage challenges within their lives
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience in engaging and working with vulnerable young people and families
- At minimum Cert IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential Care), or be willing to enrol in a relevant qualification prior to employment
- An open driver's licence
Please note that it is a requirement of this role to hold a recognised relevant qualification (at a Certificate IV level or higher) or to enrol in a relevant qualification within three months of commencing employment. The preferred qualification is the Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential Care). In addition, you must hold or be willing to obtain a Blue Card and Licenced Services Checks.