Residential Youth Workers
About the opportunity
The IFYS Child Protection Residential Care Programs support children and young people needing a safe, dependable, and nurturing living environment. Reporting to the Case Manager, Residential Youth Workers deliver the day-to-day care and support to these young people in the Residential Care house.
- Roles for experienced and inexperienced candidates
- Training and development provided, with rates starting at $39/hr, no 24hr shifts
- Roles available in Toowoomba and Ipswich
The ideal person for this role would be flexible, adaptable and open to learning as no two days are the same. Working with young people displaying highly complex and challenging behaviour, requires you to build rapport quickly and remain non-judgemental. Although not essential, candidates with transferrable skills from working with vulnerable people who display challenging behaviours are strongly encouraged to apply.
A day in the role of a Residential Youth Worker will include:
- Planning and attending activities or appointments with young people
- Supporting and managing young people's behaviours
- Using daily routines to provide hands on training of life skills such as cooking, personal care and budgeting.
- Working with young people to maintain hygiene and cleanliness of the house.
- Completing daily case notes, admin tasks and incident reports
- Must be available for Sleepover, weekend and awake shifts
We also require workers to have or be able to obtain prior to commencement:
- A paid Blue Card or have applied for one
- Child Safety Personal History Check (LCS2)
- National Crime Check
- Current valid driver's license (Green provisional plates or higher)
- Already hold or are enrolled in a Certificate IV or higher in a relevant field prior to commencing work.
To learn more about IFYS Pty Ltd and apply for this job and view other opportunities go to: ifyscareers.com/Vacancies.