Business Support Officer- Nundah
- Well established Queensland based not-for-profit
- Salary packaging options to increase your take-home pay
- Salary range $62K to $67K per annum
IFYS Ltd delivers a range of specialist support and intervention programs for children, young people and families.
IFYS Non-Family Based Care program has the exciting opportunity to fill a new permanent full-time role in the Business Support Officer. This role will be based at our NUndah Office.
The Business Support Officer (BSO) role reports to the Regional manager and is responsible for managing administrative and document management requirements for Non-Family Based Care Programs for the assigned region. This position will be supporting programs within the North Coast region. This role gives the successful candidate an opportunity to make a difference in their community, by supporting programs that deliver services to children and young people.
Key accountabilities of this role include:
- Working in conjunction with the People and Culture department to ensure the efficient and effective onboarding of new front line staff members
- Adhering to fleet management and property checklist requirements, with property damage or vehicle repairs completed in a timely manner
- Undertake internal program auditing
- Document management, ensuring the document release register is up to date and missing documents from audits are followed up
- Act as the minute taker at team meetings
- Maintaining Finance processes including but not limited to: the approval of purchase orders, managing petty cash, and credit card reconciliations
- Reviewing timesheets on a fortnightly basis for Area Manager approval
- Supporting the Executive Manager Child Protection in administrative requirements for the growth of Non-Family Based Care programs including requesting budgets for IPS placements, liaising with ITC for new property set-ups, completing new property requests, and other tasks as directed
- Regularly review and critically analyse processes to identify and implement improvements and/or efficiencies
We are looking for an experienced administrator with exceptional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to engage with a wide variety of people across the organisation. It is essential that you have the ability to maintain a high level of accountability not only for yourself but what is required of others to meet the program requirements you are overseeing. Many aspects of this role contribute to the program meeting legislative requirements, so the ideal candidate will have high attention to detail and the ability to critically analyse processes for continuous improvement. Previous experience in award interpretation and reviewing timesheets is highly desirable.
To be successful in this role you will also possess:
- High level of computer and systems literacy, proficient in Microsoft Office programs;
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role;
- A high level of time management and organisation skills to respond to competing priorities and demands;
- A current Working With Children (Blue Card QLD) or willing to obtain this early in the recruitment process;
- A Criminal History Screening (Yellow Card) or willing to apply for one; and
- A Child Safety and Personal History Screening (LCS2) or willing to apply for one.
Why work for IFYS?
IFYS has been providing services and supports for young people, families and individuals for 40 years. Working at IFYS, you can expect a workplace that encourages not only those who access our services to reach their goals but our employees as well. Whether it is striving for the perfect work/life balance, wanting continuous professional development, or looking to work in an inspiring environment, IFYS has opportunities for everyone. IFYS is an inclusive workplace that celebrates diversity and difference in our communities.