Foster & Kinship Care Support Coordinator
Foster & Kinship Care
- Full-time role, 12 month contract, client centred and strengths based organisation
- Salary base $84.8k per annum + super + salary packaging options
- IFYS is an industry leader in ensuring work/life balance
For over 40 years, IFYS has strived to provide the best services to individuals, Families, children and young people in our range of specialist programs across QLD.
At IFYS, we're about people. This means not only supporting those who access our services to thrive, but also our dedicated and passionate staff. Whether it is excellent work/life balance, continuous professional development, or looking to work in an inspiring environment, IFYS has opportunities for everyone.
We are an inclusive workplace that celebrates diversity and difference in our communities.
As an IFYS Support Coordinator, you will support and guide Foster & Kinship Carers through the journey of looking after children and young people in the context of the Child Protection System.
The Foster & Kinship Care Cairns program provides placements for children and young people (ranging from birth to 18 years), who have moderate to complex support needs.
What's on offer:
- Full-time, 12 month maternity leave coverage contract
- Salary base of $84.8k per annum + super
- Excellent not-for-profit salary packaging options to increase take home pay
- Career & professional development opportunities
- Highly skilled leadership and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Qleave transferrable long service leave options
- Support carers to create a home that meets the needs of individual children and young people and the Statement of Standards
- Work alongside multidisciplinary stakeholders including Child Safety to provide coordinated support
- Conduct Carer Assessments, and assist with placement matching
- Conduct home visits for all families
- Develop and deliver training packages to carers
- Complete required administrative and recording keeping tasks in-line with licencing requirements
- Take part in on-call services on a shared rotating roster
- Experience in the Child Protection field
- Willingness to work flexible hours as required and occasional weekends
- Knowledge of Strengths Based and Client Centred Practice
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology or a related field
- Have or be willing to obtain current: Paid Blue Card, LCS2 Check, Valid Drivers License with no restrictions