Residential Youth Worker
South West- Ipswich and Toowoomba
For over 40 years, IFYS has strived to provide the best services to individuals, families, children and young people in our range of specialist programs across Queensland.
At IFYS - We're about people. This means not only supporting those who access our services to thrive, but also our dedicated and passionate staff. Whether it's excellent work/life balance, continuous professional development, or looking to work in an inspiring environment, IFYS has opportunities for everyone.
We are an inclusive workplace that celebrates diversity and difference in our communities.
About the opportunity
The IFYS Child Protection Residential Care Programs support children and young people needing a safe, dependable, and nurturing living environment. Reporting to the Case Manager, Residential Youth Workers deliver the day-to-day care and support to young people in the Residential Care house.
A day in the role of a Residential Youth Worker may include supporting young people to manage challenging behaviours, planning or attending activities and following daily routines to promote life-skills development. Residential Youth Workers complete case notes and admin tasks daily as well as helping to maintain a clean and safe environment.
- Opportunities to progress to Part Time
- Competitive hourly rates from $42.55
- Salary Sacrifice options available
- No 24 hr shifts
- Personal use of your vehicle not required on shift
- Dedicated On-call team for after-hours support
- Direct line manager on site 4 days a week to provide support
The ideal person for this role would be flexible, adaptable and open to learning as no two days are the same. Working with young people displaying highly complex and challenging behaviour, requires you to build rapport quickly and remain non-judgemental. This also requires you to have resilience and good professional boundaries. You will be comfortable with computers and completing the admin tasks required. Candidates with transferrable skills from working with vulnerable people who display challenging behaviours are strongly encouraged to apply.
- A QLD Working With Children Blue Card or have applied for one
- Current valid driver's license with no restrictions
- Be able to provide two recent professional references
- Already hold or are enrolled in a Certificate IV or higher in a relevant field prior to commencing work.
- Availability for a variety of different shifts over a fortnightly roster (day/evening/sleepover/weekend)
- As part of our recruitment process we do a number or history screenings including a Licensed Care Suitability check (LCS2) and a National Crime Check.
To learn more about IFYS or view other opportunities go to: ifyscareers.com/Vacancies.