Disability Support Worker
- No 24 hour shifts, deliver day to day supports, welcoming and supportive team
- Specialised Maybo training provided, assist individuals to reach their goals
- Casual roles available $38.08 p/h, ability to build to permanent part-time
For over 40 years, IFYS has strived to provide the best services to empower Australians with disabilities and their families. We believe disability services should be holistic, and tailored to suit each individual.
IFYS is a not-for-profit, inclusive workplace that values diversity and difference. We provide training and encourage all employees to engage in professional development that will help them achieve their career goals.
As a Disability Support Worker you will provide daily supports to individuals within Supported Independent Living Arrangements (SIL). Using a strengths based approach, our workers help our participants to enhance their skills and independence and to reach their personal goals.
Pending licensing requirements being met, this opportunity is for immediate start.
What do IFYS Disability Support Workers love about their roles?
"What I enjoy most about my role at IFYS is that every day is different, it is never boring, and I have a great team that is supportive" - Kelly
"I enjoy working with our clients towards reaching their personal goals, and I enjoy encouraging our clients to make their own educated decisions in their lives. I also enjoy working with a great team of people" - Sarah
What's on offer?
- Casual employment, with opportunity to develop into part-time work in the future
- Immediate start (pending licensing requirements)
- Receive specialised Maybo training
- Base rate of $38.08 per hour + super (10%)
- Receive Sleepover Allowance of $52.86 for sleepover shifts
- Positive and supportive work environment
- Professional development opportunities
- Work located throughout Rockhampton
A day in the role of a Disability Support Worker:
- Working with individuals to maintain personal care and cleanliness of the house
- Planning and attending activities or appointments
- Assisting with skill development for independent living, recreation, learning, and community access
- Using daily routines to provide hands on training of life skills such as cooking, personal care and budgeting
- Supporting and managing individuals behaviours utilising Positive Behaviour Support Plans
- Completing daily case notes, admin tasks and incident reports
Skills and requirements:
- Prior professional or lived experience supporting someone with a disability
- OR a genuine interest in entering the field of work and have completed or currently undertaking relevant study
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Computer proficiency
- Suitable availability to work on a rotating flexible roster (may include a combination of day, afternoon and active night, sleepovers and weekend shifts)
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job that may include manual handling tasks
- Auslan skills are desirable, though not necessary
Must hold or be willing to obtain if successful:
- Paid Workers Blue Card (Working with Children Check)
- NDIS Workers Screening Check (or Yellow Card)
- Child Safety Personal History Check (LCS2)
- National Crime Check (IFYS will complete a new check through our systems)
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current Queensland Drivers Licence and willingness to use own vehicle (if required) with comprehensive insurance
If you would like further information on this role or would like to talk to a Recruitment Officer, please call (07) 5438 3000 and ask to speak to Tahlia in the Recruitment team.