Transition Case Manager
- IFYS is an industry leader in ensuring work/life balance
- Salary Packaging to increase take-home pay
- Strengths based and client centred organisation
For over 40 years, IFYS has strived to provide the best services to individuals, families, children and young people in our range of specialist programs across QLD.
At IFYS our mission is to Strengthen the Human Spirit. This means not only supporting those who access our services to thrive, but also dedicated and talented staff.
We are an inclusive workplace that celebrates diversity and difference in our communities.
IFYS has an exciting opportunity for a Transition Case Manager to join the Fresh Start team.
The Transition Case Manager engages with young people to support them to achieve self-identified education, training and employment goals and increase their community connectedness and overall wellbeing.
Fresh Start works with young people aged 15 to 24 that are connected to Youth Justice, Community Corrections or at risk of engaging in offending behaviour.
What's on offer?
- 30 hours per week
- Part time - 1 x 12 month contract
- Salary base $77,500 per annum pro rata + super ($39.26 hourly equivalent)
- Not-for-profit salary packaging options
- Join a supportive, inclusive and vibrant team (package up to $15,900 per FBT year)
The key responsibilities required for this role include:
- Receive and assess referrals; determining eligibility and priority of response
- Support young people to identify their education, training & or employment goals, develop and implement individual case management & goal plans, including the management of brokerage funds
- Identify and assess risk level for young people and respond appropriately, engaging other support services if and when required
- Develop and maintain referral pathways for services users
- Complete administrative duties, case notes, case plans, data collection, financial management, time sheets and incident reports
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders both Government & non-government including Child Safety, DESBT, Education, TAFE & other community agencies to provide a coordinated response to the needs of young people
- Connect with local businesses to explore employment opportunities for young people
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Professional experience working with young people in a therapeutic capacity
- Diploma or Tertiary qualification in a relevant area of study will be considered favourably
- Excellent communication skills, including report writing
- Demonstrated knowledge of strengths-based and client-centred practice
Must hold or be willing to obtain if successful:
- Valid open driver's license with no restrictions, and own reliable transport
- QLD Working with Children Check (Paid Blue Card)
- Licensed Care Suitability Check (LCS2)
- National Criminal History Check (a new check will be conducted through IFYS systems)
If you would like further information on this role or would like to talk to a Recruitment Officer, please call (07) 5438 3000 and ask to speak to Tahlia in the Recruitment team.